Thursday 17 November 2011

The Secret Garden...

I feel so guilty for not blogging enough but I really haven't had the time. I leave in the morning for college when its dark and return to darkness too, with lots of work! 

But I must say, I've been really enjoying my art course. This is my most recent piece. Our brief was on the "3D environment", so i chose the natural environment and I researched into secret gardens. I created a piece of fused glass, which is supposed to be the wild flower garden and then placed it in this box, with the keyhole on the front. Its quite clever as you must look through the keyhole in order to see the garden, but it appears quite distorted and blurred in patches. Unfortunately I couldn't get a picture of the inside glass but I hope you like what you see here...




my friend clare looking through to the garden



2 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful idea! Really poetic.
    Thanks so much for sharing! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flora, this is stunning...what an amazing idea...so clever!!! Love Sx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for commenting, they make my day! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...